HybridZ

[urgent] No start issue, leaving for track in 3 hours

I will attempt to check this as much as possible while continuing to trace wires on my own.

The car has a fresh battery, when i turn the key to "on" i get power, but if i try to turn on my headlights relays click and all power to the car is lost until i turn the key to "off" and try again.

It does this when i try to start it, turn on any accessories, and any lights.

I have replaced the transistor pack already with a working unit, and i have replaced every relay with known working units... Going to check the starter +pos wire now (again)

fresh battery means new/never been used? I would check voltage at battery first, then possibly load test it. Grounds are tight-especially at the starter? Doesn't even click at the starter selanoid?

I get 12v out of the battery, its brand new and passed the load test (i actually tried both batteries i have, theyre both good)

i think it might be the cable going to the starter, if i give the fusible links 12v directly all my accessories work and headlights, starter solenoid clicks.

I had this same exact problem and it turned out to be a dead battery. I took the battery to Autozone to have it charged and they said it was bad (it was a NAPA battery). Took it home anyway and put it in the car, cranked right up. I kept thinking it was a problem with my push to start system.

Well the starter was tested, battery was tested (again) and they both worked, had the battery quick charged just incase.

I'm dealing with a previous owner wiring mess right now too, what i noticed was the power wire going from the starter solenoid (that splits into the red/whites) is not giving 12 volts.

I've replaced all of the battery cables and im still getting this problem, i'm going to re-wire the solenoid +12v right now and come back with what i find, its looking like the race track today is not going to happen.

I'm gonna rewire the red white wires on the fusible links too into a maxifuse box