HybridZ

Looking for a programable Biggtback for my 95 5.0 ECC...

Mikelly

Guys who makes a good, tunable biggyback ecc tuner for the 5.0? I'm still having pinging problems with the wife's mustang... We suspect all the mods aren't getting along with the ECC 4 computer. I'm also prepping for putting a set of aluminum svo heads and roller rockers, along with a E303 or B303 cam in the car over the winter/ early spring and I can only imagine what THAT will do for the tuner...

Mike

Actually I found the HOT TIcket for EEC tuning... It is called the TweecerRT, and is pretty cool. It goes for $600 and I found one on one of the sites for $425 new in the box. I'm also gonna look for a shortblock to build up and put in the white Z. I'll take the heads off my wife's car when I swap the aluminum one's into it, and I've got the factory Upper and lower intakes and TB. All I need is a shortblock and a T5 and I'll have enough parts to put the white car back together as a dedicated Racer Via Ford power... This tweecer RT stores up to four custom "Burns" and you can send the data out to have a custom chip burned. What that means is that I can use it daily on the wife's car, and then use it to tune the white car, and when it is right, I can take that data and have it burned to a chip for the white car, or Vise versa!

Pretty slick datalogging as well!

Mike 2thumbs.gif

After working on them Randy, I am now! I'm looking for a shortblock to build up for the white Z... I'll just have one of each I guess..

What amazes me with the Mustang my wife has is that it is SOOO stable at speed, and the aftermarket support is awesome. I expect to be in the low 13/ high 12 range at the 1/4 next spring. With the ability to override the EEC4 factory tunning, I should be able to take full advantage of the parts the original owner put on it, plus the larger rockers, aluminum heads and cam I plan to install. I'm also in communications with COMPCAMS about getting a custom grind for it... rockon.gif

Fun and games blue oval style! 2thumbs.gif

Mike cheers.gif

i have a LOT of turbo z stuff but since i am a tech at a ford dealer i can get alot of parts for free.i have stuff to build a big turbo l28 but i really dont like trying to plumb the intercooler around the a/c.i think a healthy 10 to 1 302 with a solid roller cam would be better on road courses (sears point,laguna,thunderhill).more torque out of corner.if you have to much hp coming out just bog it a little .the power is in the heads.fords didnt run until the aftermarkit came out with heads with chevy valves.i think the 302 ford is probably the best compromise of handling vs horsepower for a z.

Look for a 100% fully programmable AEM EMS to be released for the EEC-IV and EEC-V in the next couple of weeks. If you want "ultimate" this will be it. As I recall the Tweecer modifies just the signal fromthe MAF, is that right? I recall looking at it but cannot recall if that's so or not. IF that's so be careful, fiddling the MAF signal has side effects that most Mustang guys ignore. Same with running different injectors and "calibrated" MAF sensors - it's a bad idea.

There was supposed to be a whole bunch of various EEC management systems coming out awhile back but most all of them died on the vine. The AEM is akin to a baby Motec - baby in price only. I'm hoping to get one for my Mustang when it's released....

P.S. What mods have you done that's causing it to ping? I don't think that ought to be happening...

Guest 12lbsofbeans

Mike,

I see you found it, the tweecer is nice. I was one of the first to buy in on the EEC Tuner by shiftmaster enterprises. I only paid like $270 at the time its more now I believe. Anyway you load one program at a time and it does not data log. It does allow full adjustability though and on my 95 GT 5spd vert I picked up 23rwhp and 18ftlbs by tuning the spark tables, timing tables, injector pulse width, taking out the shift retard (when you shift it pulls 5-10 degrees of timing) I also modified the fan on/off temps to match the 180 thermostat I installed.

Yeah I wish my Z was as stable at speed as my stang, the stang just keeps going and going smooth as glass. With only a K&N, stock exhaust with flowmaster 2 chambers replacing the stock mufflers, underdrive pulleys, 3.55 gears, no smog pump, and the EEC Tuner I can pull 153 mph pretty easy before running out of power. I can't wait to build a motor for it.

I need to talk to you about some suspension, I need adjustability bad.

Matt cheers.gif

http://www.tweecer.com/index.html

Here is the link for the Tweecer RT, which is what I bought... It is a direct plugin to the EEC4 computer.

Jim this car was Matt Cossand's 95 GT that had a whole host of mods to it... 75MM Pro-M MAS, 70MM BBK TB, GT40 Upper and lower, MSD Ignition, Mac Headers, Underdrives, K&N Cold Air Kit, 9mm plug wires... The SN95 EECs are known to ping, throw multiple 02 codes, and just pull the timing right out of the car... The cool thing about the Tweecer RT is the datalogging feature in it. Read the info on the website... This doesn't have to be the baddest cutting edge technology, as it is the wife's car, and I just want the car to run right WITH the mods, and the addition of the aluminum heads and cam I'm throwing in it come January. Car should be running low 14s/ high 13s right now but I can't run it hard because no matter where I set the timing, the damned thing pings...

Mike weird.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the tweecer RT in the mail last night. I'm downloading the software right now and pringint the manual...Gonna read read read and then plan the install on the current setup so I can educate myself BEFORE I do the heads and cam!

Mike