HybridZ

EFI intake questions.

Did a bit of searching. Out of what I saw, didn't really find anything I liked.

I'm wondering if there are any differences in runner size between the L24e, L28e, and L28et intake manifolds. Does one flow better than the other? Should I get my L24e intake gasket matched or get a intake manifold from a 2.8 and do the same thing. I don't want to go aftermarket (Don't even know if there's aftermarket EFI intakes?), looking to spend the least amount of money. As usual.

Application is make-shift turbo set up.

BRAPP did write-up on the L28E vs L28ET. General conclusion was L28ET was slightly larger diameter runners. 1 to 3 mm if I remember correctly. Runners are the restriction for these manifolds not the throttle body. There is some benefit to having a step between the manifold and head as long as the head is larger diameter, but search to find it. There are some pretty big turbo numbers out there on ported stock intakes, but most involved splitting th intake, porting it and welding back together.

For your "make shift" setup, stock or hand ported intake (of whatever flavor you have) should handle your needs without spending a lot of time chasing that last 3% of Hp.

Thanks for the answers guys. Was searching intake specific, should have searched for more general differences.

Not really chasing any power. Didn't want to create a big restriction if the NA manifold runners were much smaller than the T manifold. I knew the runners were restricting on these, but I don't think it's going to make much of a difference at 5 pounds or so. Not really building this for the power numbers, just for fun. haha.