HybridZ

Only clicks and no spark?

Well I have a 73 240z with a stock rebuilt l24 from my previous car with some aftermarket bits. Anyways when I turn the ignition all I hear is the relay click and that's about it motor doesn't turn or anything but all the parts transferred over are in working order since I ran the car before I pulled it out for a few months. I bypassed the starter to crank the motor over manually which cranked just fine but after a few seconds after blk/yel wire on the distributor became super hot, with the ignition on it has 12.2volts at the wire. I tried it again manually and removed a plug to see if I was even getting spark but there's no spark coming from the wires either but wires,coil and dizzy are fine. So where do I check next or what should I replace, electrical is my weak point.

Edited by mistah mofro

Your non-cranking is likely due to voltage drop in the wiring. Check the connectors, ignition switch, and so on. Also, there is no fuse in this circuit, only the fusible link at the starter. An overload in the ignition wiring could drag the voltage down and prevent the solenoid from pulling in. Make sure the wiring at the coil and ballast resistor is correct.