HybridZ

Starter no power

J240ZTurbo

Dexter; yes it actually had an alarm which i carefully removed. Anything i need to look for becaused of the alarm? I did try another switch few weeks ago; and no results.

The alarm might have been used to activate a relay which may still be in the starter circuit. You'll probably just have to trace the wire from switch to starter. If someone has messed with the wiring to install the alarm, no person or FSM diagram is going to be able tell you where to look to fix the problem, because there's no way to know what the installer did. You could just run a new wire. Get the wiring diagram and run new wires to the appropriate places. You'll probably find the problem while you're doing that.

Guys I think I know whats wrong, I converted this s130 turbo from an Automatic to a 5 speed, do you guys think this has something to do with all this mess ?

Auto has park/neutral safety switch ( preventing starting in gear ) . I'd say yes . But do you have start signal at switch ?

Yeah i got signal at the switch; the yellow wire at the key has no power until i turn the key; it goes over 12volts; but i get no power at the starter; i was looking at the fsm; and i can see that automatics came with something call an inhibitor switch; do you know where this is locate? Maybe i need to eliminated that so the power goes thru..

Edited by J240ZTurbo

Yeah i got signal at the switch; the yellow wire at the key has no power until i turn the key; it goes over 12volts; but i get no power at the starter; i was looking at the fsm; and i can see that automatics came with something call an inhibitor switch; do you know where this is locate? Maybe i need to eliminated that so the power goes thru..

Check wiring diag. . Look at park/neutral safety switch . Jump input signal from ign. switch to output signal at safety switch .

I think it would be better if you run a new wire from ign. switch to the start . This sys. involves inhibitor relay . Preffered adding a starter relay , this will make ign. switch lasts longer .

Edited by Domzs

Yeah thats what dexter was saying ; just run a new wire from ignition to starter with a relay.

I looked at an 83 , didn't see any relay . You have to put one in if you want , it's better to have one . Less load on the switch . I added a Ford starter solenoid to my 83 when i did the LS1 swap . Good luck .

Do the flashers work? For turn signals try swapping the flasher and turn signal relays and see what happens. Check the fuses.

If you had an S30 i would say you may have to deal with the turn signal gremlins. I will have them one moment and not the next. If i turn my flashers on first, then off. I will then have turn signals all day. I have new flasher and turn signal relays.