HybridZ

Dont start your car in gear

Basically just a little FYI. Don't start your ls1 z car in gear if your clutch wont disengage. Have someone pull you and bump start it if at all possible.

Reason being; it eats starters. Mine was started in gear 4 times, and the starter took a dump (what are friends for).

So thats a $150 oops. Just thought I'd share

78zstyle, nothing a little modification and a sledge won't fix. I know ppk managed to get some clifford research headers in his.

I don't know man, when it was in there it didn't even seem close. These are 6-1 headers, and were all over my power steering rack.

Sunny, thats a given, why were you diving the car on a dead clutch anyway?

I murdered the L series started in mine trying to get the L28ET running, another killer of starters, surprisingly, is starting too much

... If you'd read, I wasn't the one driving it. The slave cylinding gave out while my friend was driving it, about 20 miles away.

Turns out that the starter wasn't bad after all. It was a bolt issue. The guy i bought the original motor from had put the starter in with new ARP bolts.

Well he used SBC bolts and not LSx bolts.... <_< . I didn't know this until yesterday when i found my starter nearly dangling by a few threads on one bolt. I re-tapped the bolt holes for the CORRECT bolts, and ended up making some from bolts bought at the local hardware store.

Crisis Averted. So we celebrated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Sc5cyQHCgMg

This is part of a 35 minute session. :lol: So much fun