HybridZ

Are nismo or HKS head gaskets still around?

wigenOut-S30

I have a Nismo HG that is well used and it is starting to leak a bit until the car is warm. I have been looking for one to replace it but have not been able to find a source.. Anyone know if any places still sell these for the good ole L28ET?

I was able to get a Nismo recently (.6mm) for a normally aspirated motor recently. Also, Tomei are still available.

I bought a Tomei 1mm for my build, but didn't end up using it. I think they are still available... Here is the gasket at the Tomei site:

TomeiUSA link

Interestingly, Motorsport Auto is showing a "temporary replacement" for the 1 mm gasket that is 1.2mm...

Motorsport Auto HG

Here is recent thread where a guy bought a Kameari and a Tomei and they turned out to be identical.

Tomei = Kameari

I don't need the 1 mm Tomei I bought. I'll sell it for $285 plus shipping. You can pm me if you are interested.

Garrett

Same here. They suck at customer service though. When I ordered my HG, it was on backorder and they never let me know, I had to call them a week later wondering where my HG was.

Are you using the NA one? I got mine after a week. They shouldn't be a back-order they said to me they make them per order when I was dealing with them.

was one of your passages blocked off on your P90 if your running one?

Are you using the NA one? I got mine after a week. They shouldn't be a back-order they said to me they make them per order when I was dealing with them.

was one of your passages blocked off on your P90 if your running one?

As far as I know, there isn't an NA or a turbo one. Its just a gasket. With that said, yes some of my passages were blocked off on my p90. The gasket was exactly the same as a fel pro as far as passages being blocked off.

As far as I know, there isn't an NA or a turbo one. Its just a gasket. With that said, yes some of my passages were blocked off on my p90. The gasket was exactly the same as a fel pro as far as passages being blocked off.

thats the difference in the NA vs turbo applications, coolant passages blocked. From the post above about the tomei, Is it designed for the turbo application or NA? I am running a l28ET bottom end with a mildly ported P90 head.

thats the difference in the NA vs turbo applications, coolant passages blocked. From the post above about the tomei, Is it designed for the turbo application or NA? I am running a l28ET bottom end with a mildly ported P90 head.

I actually just started a thread about it with the photo of the cometic showing which passage is blocked off, comparing it to other turbo gaskets and the msa non turbo mls gasket

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/108621-head-gasket-question/

You can check out my comparison pic, and see for yourself, there is just one passage off for a p90 head, I haven't taken my motor apart yet so I can't tell if it's oil or coolant.

Wouldn't the blocked coolant passages on the l28et gasket cause the head temp to stay elevated increasing egt and be used more so to reduce emissions rather then gain performance? I've been wondering why nissan choose to block the steam holes, that's the only idea I could come up with, specifically since the p90 head was designed to flow through though ports.

Wouldn't the blocked coolant passages on the l28et gasket cause the head temp to stay elevated increasing egt and be used more so to reduce emissions rather then gain performance? I've been wondering why nissan choose to block the steam holes, that's the only idea I could come up with, specifically since the p90 head was designed to flow through though ports.

Not sure why the Tomei and evidently the old HKS (there is a thread that shows they are identical) are this way unless everyone in Japan was building off the N42 block as the foundation? I haven't compared with an N42 block, but I bet that one has no issues with these gaskets. Either way, what is to keep someone from clamping some scrap eighth inch plate on both sides of the gasket and simply drilling those two locations? The new holes will be perfect. I'll do that to mine soon and put it in the for sale section.

Garrett