HybridZ

What are the L24's worth?

I just bought another 240Z and am getting ready to do another LS turbo swap. This one came with a running L24 and manual trans. Im not sure what it all is worth. Also I have not posted in forever and I tried to post in the classifieds and it wont let me start a new topic..

post-3226-067554700 1345220176_thumb.jpg

post-3226-050618500 1345220211_thumb.jpg

post-3226-004441100 1345220275_thumb.jpg

I just bought another 240Z and am getting ready to do another LS turbo swap. This one came with a running L24 and manual trans. Im not sure what it all is worth. Also I have not posted in forever and I tried to post in the classifieds and it wont let me start a new topic..

So I just read why I cannot post in the classifieds. Guess I better donate!

"...Early L24 engines (up to serial number L24-096181) have the 8mm rod bolts. Therefore' date=' the changeover to 9mm bolts happened sometime near the end of 1972 model year, so only a 1973 240 engine would definitely have the 9mm rods. "[/quote']

I've followed this information with no problems when I'm deciding if I'll try to gut an L24 that I suspect is stock.

Saves me the hassle/mess of pulling the pan. I haven't had any engines super close to that serial number though, so I don't know it's precision; YMMV.

Looking at your serial of L24-119586 should put you at 9mm rods.

Edited by cockerstar