HybridZ

HELP ! Mc Kinney mounts issue

Wedge

Hi, im having some trouble to reinstall my front turbo on my RB26 I cant install the turbo with the mount on and i cant torque proprely all the bolts if the turbo is on and i want to install the mount after. I had to bend and cut my turbo oil drain its even smaller then the original. ill up load some pictures but it seems their is no way to put the turbo on ,the oil line hit the mounts and the compressor casing to. The only way i think it would fit is if i remove the oil drain but then again i cant bolt it back on proprely.

Anyone had any issues with this ? I have R34 N1 turbos BTW.

SDC12610.jpg

SDC12612.jpg

SDC12613.jpg

Nobody had any issues at all with the installlation of their mounts ? How did you install them ? Did you take off the turbo or did you just swap out the oem for the Mc kinney ? How did you torque the bolts behind the turbo on the mounts ?

You can take off the 'manifold' on each turbo that feeds the CHRA oil and coolant, and replace with braided lines going directly into the CHRA. This will get you some additional clearance. I am not sure about your oil drain though.

Here's what I mean:

IMG_20120225_153359.jpg

IMG_20120225_154437.jpg

IMG_20120414_185607.jpg

FYI I'm only speaking from experience on my GT-R so take this with a grain of salt.

Edited by 71S30

Thank you very much ! I was looking at this idea but Mc Kinney motorsports answered my call for help and made me realise I was using the wrong kind of bolts. Ill update on this when i get my new turbo studs.

I was having the same problem with my oil drain line hitting my mounts. I had to bend the oil drain pipe slightly and it now clears, although I cannot use the stock oil drain hose.

What I am thinking of doing now is to use two new (oil line) hose ends or cut the stock 90 degree oil drain hose in half, and use a 90 degree double barb sided fitting to connect both. Not sure if it will work yet, but I was told it would be okay...