HybridZ

Emissions

What all can i strip away from the engine bay that deals with emisions? Since i live in NC and with the car being so old, it doesnt need to be inspected any more so just looking to rid away with some of the random bottles/ buckets that have to deal with emisions B)

If I was in your position;

First, know if i am doing this for performance or for looks. (just because it is an emissions part does not make your car go slower)

Second, I would find a car that you like with similar carb or FI setup, and use a picture of the engine bay to model after.

Third, if you do not know what it is or how it works, do not touch it until you do. (factory service models and search are your friends)

If all else fails, take a picture and post it up with a question.

Edit: factory service manuals.... I need to reread what I type before I post, or put the bottle down.

Edited by AkRev

This is what my car is running off of. 80 280zx, did not come with an EGR in the first place so I swapped the manifold out for an N42.

WP_000058-1.jpg

WP_000057.jpg

the only ports in the manifold I use are the brake booster, FPR port, charcoal canister, PCV on the bottom, and the crank case to the throttle body.

I removed the idle up for cold mornings and the 7th injector.

You'd probably be better off installing megasquirt with a MAF and TPS. The Stock system is so basic that you're not really going to gain anything by removing parts. You've already stripped out a lot by the look of it. Electric fans, fuel and oil upgrades. What is you want? More power? Modern EFI might help but won't make THAT big a difference. Look at your exhaust, Already no EGR, so already no Cat. Nothing to Delete. So getting rid of the stock AFM and going mega-squirt is about all I can see you could try, unless you want to play with internals, like a cam or something. MS can handle EDIS too if you're looking to get rid of those blue line thingies on the top.

yeah, figured... Even a lot of your bungs have already been shaved so you're going to have trouble cleaning it up much more than that. The NDIS or EDIS systems can get you basically distributorless operation and allow Coil on plug. but even then you're not gaining anything. I suppose you could reroute your fuel lines to your fuel rail and mount everything on the firewall to clean it up a little.

That Turbo conversion will be fun, You'll have a few more lines but not much. It's a good time to go MS+S.