HybridZ

Snappin necks and cashin checks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gonna do a Turbo conversion, this site has lots of information on the swap...and I'm sure I will have many questions to follow. I plan on spending a few weeks just planning and gathering everything I need to be successful, but any experienced members input will help.

• 1 month later...

Well gents the time has come. I am done with college and will be starting my turbo build...TOMORROW!!!!!

If anyone can direct me to the most complete write-up on this site for the S30 L28ET swap I would appreciate that, I have found two write-ups so far, I just need some experienced opinions from members that have done a similar swap. I am just doing a basic 1983 L28ET swap into a 1973 240Z  and will not have any kind of upgraded components until later down the road. I will also be using the complete drive train, but that is pretty straight forward for my mechanical abilities. My biggest concern is electrical components that I will need from the turbo car that need to be transferred to my 240Z.

Guess you will see me posting the parts wanted section in the next few weeks.

• 1 month later...

Been doing a lot of searching on HZ for all of the upgrades that I want to do to my '73. To date I have the complete drivetrain and powertrain from an '83 ZXT that I am rebuilding and getting ready to drop into my '73. I am really having a hard time finding a definitive thread that shows exactly what I need in order to swap the '83ZXT R200 w/CVs into my 73 240Z, so if anyone can point me in the right direction for this conversion it would be great. All I can find is threads that end up rambling on and do not provide an answer.

Also when replacing timing chain, piston rings, main seals and bearings on the 83 ZXT engine, what brand parts are people having the most success with? I have always used Japan made parts in the past on NA eninges , but I have never rebuilt a turbo engine and just want to do it right the first time.   :bling:

This guy makes it sound pretty easy.  The 280ZX and 240Z companion flanges are both 25 spline apparently (280Z is different, oddly enough), and will swap right over with just a dust seal modification.

http://www.zhome.com/rnt/FordPower/HalfShaft.html

Here's another one, can't remember if it's the same guy or not - http://alteredz.com/240ZCVHalfshaftConversion.htm

Edited by NewZed