HybridZ

Idle Air mixture screw does nothing?

ApexGoblin

I have a l28 motor in my 260z with dual weber carbs (32/36 dgv). the rear weber carb seems to be working fine and when adjusting the idle mixture screw there is an obvious change in idle. The front carb on the other hand shows no change when adjusting the mixture screw, even to full open or fully closed. Does this carb need a rebuild? or just a cleaning? also another curious reaction i get is when i am putting around i have a lot of throttle lag in low rpms, i compensate for this by double stabbing the throttle and the carbs seem to "catch" and accelerate the car. any idea what this may be caused by? or will this be resolved when i fix the idle mixture problem as well?

Thanks for any help in advance. If I posted this in the wrong forum please feel free to move it, I wasn't sure if this was the right place

• 1 month later...

Pita synchroniser on and match the airflow through both carbs.

Define "lower rpms", if you are stabbing WOT below 3000, 3500 rpms you're going to get crap performance, you're in the wrong gear and driving the car wrong.