HybridZ

throttle linkage verses cable?

Rosco

I have a 75 280Z, it has a n42 with six throttle bodies, the old throttle linkage ties into the new (see attachment). When I try and give it just a little gas it has a stiff point that keeps it from being a smooth acceleration. What throttle cable would work on this setup?

Please do not cross post same post in other forums.

Thanks

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
Please Resize Images to: 1024 x 768 pixels or close, before placing on HZ.

What I would like to know is have you determined where this stiffness is? Is it in the original linkage? Or the new stuff?

I've never noticed any stiffness in my linkage so I'm curious as to where the bind is. If it's not in the original linkage I would think a cable set up won't address the issue. But maybe I just don't understand what's in bind.

What I would like to know is have you determined where this stiffness is? Is it in the original linkage? Or the new stuff?

I've never noticed any stiffness in my linkage so I'm curious as to where the bind is. If it's not in the original linkage I would think a cable set up won't address the issue. But maybe I just don't understand what's in bind.

(Rosco) From what I can gather, in the original linkage, the bracket on the fire wall in line with the center of the intake, in the earlier models has always given a little bind at the top. I red if the arm on that bracket isn't straight up and down you will get the bind. They changed the design in later models.

I've tried to move that thing all over the place and can't get rid of the bind, or I'm hypersensitive to it now.