HybridZ

Yoke/companion flange stiffness Q's

brianZortiz

I have had many differentials in my car. From 3.36 up to 4.11, all have had different yoke stiffness. Some were easy to turn by hand and others a little harder. Does the stiffness of the yoke affect acceleration of the car? I am assuming it kind of does, but im not sure. What is involved in making the companion flange/yoke less resistant? Is it backlash?

Brian.

Being that the relative humidity can affect the way an engine performs, in theory, yes it can. However you're talking such a trivial amount of resistance in the grand scheme of things, that I DOUBT it matters. The differences in gear will be what you will notice as far as acceleration goes.

John, I mean when you turn the companion flange by hand when driveshaft is disconected. I feel there is a difference on my diffs that I have owned, by turning it by hand some are easier to do than others.

@Rebekahs, I will give it a try. I am using half 75/140(I think) and half Lucas oil stabilizer.