HybridZ

Heater help

ihiryu

Okay, so I've been doing some digging around on the forums and the FSM. Pretty my car has factory A/C, I've taken a look at the vacuum lines in the engine bay, are good, has vacuum at the canister.

I look inside my car, and check the cables as best as I can, and I see they are hooked up; same with the vacuums.

So what I did was turned on my car, set the blower on max, and moved the valve to heat. There isn't any air moving over the heater core, so I'm pretty sure that's why I don't have heat. Later today when I'll drive it, I'll check to see if the core itself gets hot or not.

Anyone have any ideas?

There is a whole series of diagrams in the FSM AC section that show how everything works. Sounds like your water cock might be jammed though. Moving the lever to heat should open the valve and let water flow. Are you sure that the hoses to the heater core from the engine are connected? They get blocked or bypassed by owners quite often when the core starts to leak.