HybridZ

valve stem seal problem

skirkland1980

Hello. I just replaced the head gasket set on my L28ET. I also replaced the valve stem seals supplied in the felpro gasket kit part number HS8799PT-1. Now my engine is burning a lot of oil. I'm thinking the valve stem seals are the problem. Has anyone had any experience with these felpro seals? If so which ones should I use? I found these. They are said to be OE. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Nissan/280ZX/Ishino/Valve_Stem_Seal/1983/Turbo/6_Cyl_2-dot-8L/W0133-1644072.html?tlc=Engine+%26+Drivetrain Thanks

I've seen guys put on the valve stem seals and put the valves through it only to remember that they forgot something and had the pull the valves back out through the seals.....which usually takes a small chunk out of the seal.

They will leak after that.

I did it the other day on a head I had stored just after rebuilding it and I had to re-lap the valves.

When I pulled the valves through the seals, I noticed very tiny and thin "C" shaped parts of the seals in the groove for the keepers.

Before taking the head apart, I would check if it is sipping oil from anywhere else that is easier to fix.

I've seen cars drink fluid through the automatic transmission modulator (if you car has that) and also seen pcv systems that are inoperative cause enough crankcase pressure to prevent oil from leaving the turbo and instead seeping into the turbo.