HybridZ

Fender Mirror Question

dice

They look close but unfortunately are not oe jdm s30 mirrors. I believe they are Toyota but not sure. A real pair of black jdm s30 fender mirrors in the condition of what you have pictured here would run you in the $500-$700 range and are pretty hard to come by.

Guys just want to ask are these fender mirrors for the Z? Just got them recently and i think i have been robbed. Any suggestion? Thanks

Don't feel that way-they are very close. Until recently I was unaware of the difference between the chrome/stainless & black mirrors. I thought it was just the finish but discovered the stalk is longer on the black finish models. Better now than after you mounted them!

Thanks for the advice sir. Have to talk with seller and ask for a refund about this. Kinda mad at making a fool out of me :angry:

Those are the shorter stalk 510 mirrors not originally for the z car. Many US owners, myself included, have installed them on our Z's. I assume you found this on yahoo japan-there are black fender mirrors on there occasionally...

This is the real deal am i right?

http://f16batchimg.a...091600562-2.jpg

The back of the mirror has a screw on it while mina has no screw.

The screw is Nissan, no screw like yours looks like Toyota.

There ARE chrome/stainless OE Mirrors for the S30, and they were available in the Nissan Motorsports catalog at one time (they were actually cheaper than the black ones, then mysteriously they started costing more...)

Ordering that P/N will get you stainless/chrome S30 mirrors.

But those, a mix of chromed mirror section and black stalks? Not Nissan.

Edited by Tony D

I bought these for about $265 + $40 shipping. Tall stalk S30 mirrors with the screws on the ends. Contact seller "gira7777" on e-bay. I ordered mine after losing an auction, the guy has piles of old JDM stuff, he's in Thailand I believe? Bangkok? Anyway, english is a little rough but he was great to deal with and very fair. He seems to come across these parts often and makes trips to Japan to buy more old JDM parts a few times a year.

Link to seller: http://myworld.ebay.ca/gira7777/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

post-4376-017181100 1350062816_thumb.jpg

Edited by LowCarbZ

The screw is Nissan, no screw like yours looks like Toyota.

There ARE chrome/stainless OE Mirrors for the S30, and they were available in the Nissan Motorsports catalog at one time (they were actually cheaper than the black ones, then mysteriously they started costing more...)

Ordering that P/N will get you stainless/chrome S30 mirrors.

But those, a mix of chromed mirror section and black stalks? Not Nissan.

Thanks sir Tony D for the info. I am starting to get mixed feeling when im looking at the mirrors, then i did some research. And it turns out i havent seen one Z with that kind of mirrors.

I bought these for about $265 + $40 shipping. Tall stalk S30 mirrors with the screws on the ends. Contact seller "gira7777" on e-bay. I ordered mine after losing an auction, the guy has piles of old JDM stuff, he's in Thailand I believe? Bangkok? Anyway, english is a little rough but he was great to deal with and very fair. He seems to come across these parts often and makes trips to Japan to buy more old JDM parts a few times a year.

Link to seller: http://myworld.ebay.ca/gira7777/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Will do contact him once i get my refund. Not too happy with the seller making a fool out of me.

Will do contact him once i get my refund. Not too happy with the seller making a fool out of me.

Be patient, the shipping takes some time and it may take him time to source them. He also sucks at sending tracking information, took me a week to get it out of him but he was really honest at the end of it all. For a price reference, the condition of mine were used, two different colours and about a 9/10 for the mirrors, the base plates are rusty but will clean up easily enough. I have to paint mine and clean things up but overall I am very happy with the purchase and the price. I bought these in the spring.

HAHAHAHA!! Gira is about 15 Minutes from my local Distributor in Bangkok, whenever I buy anything, I don't pay any shipping, they deliver it within the hour to the shop on a scooter!

Now, when someone makes a trip out the construction site, they just take the stuff and throw it into "Kuhn Tony's Container" there!

laugh.gif

• 1 month later...

I am messaging that guy you mentioned from ebay "gira7777" Cause I have been looking for a correct Tall Stalk fender mirrors for a while. Yeah dice, dont feel bad.. most people dont notice the difference between the Short Stalk (510 OEM) vs Tall Stalk (240z) Mirrors. Most Z owners here use the short stalk and seem to like them plenty.