HybridZ

Another Stroker build

Soooo....

I've had my 72 240z for about two years now. She's your average run of the mill S30, except for the fact that she's an automatic. I have been going back and fourth for months about what i wanted to do with the car. LS1..RB..L28ET..Stroker..

I seem to change my mind every second day. One of the challenges is that the car is staying automatic no matter what. So that kind of eliminates the RB option. Now i know, lots of you will have something to say about it staying automatic, you're entitled to your opinions, i just don't really want to hear it in this case. Anyways after months of debate..I have decided to go with the Stroker. I know, this is not the best HP option and far from the cheapest, but I love the sound of it and it just seems more appropriate then the LS1. I like the fact that the torque is what makes this engine fun, I mostly drive my Z on the street, not the track. I'd like to have 200-225HP by the time i'm done. I've read through countless topics on Hybridz and i decided I would share as much of my build as possible.

I will be buying parts in the coming weeks and months. Everytime I get something new, I'll share it here, along with the price, as this might help aspiring builders figure out pricing for a basic Stroker build. Keep in mind, I have no mechanical skills whatsoever, so i'll post my parts first, and then the actual build will be conducted by Whitehead Performance in Toronto.

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions on my part picks and whatever you may have to say. If you have parts that i could use..don't be shy to share with me. So without further delay, here is my first part...

LD28 crank...I paid $600 for it.

post-18773-078765000 1350269928_thumb.jpg

Edited by joker81

Hey Steve

Awesome build. I probably should have put this in member projects too...Would have made more sense i guess.

I have the head, a P90, i don't technically have the block yet no, though i am fortunate enough to have a Z scrap yard about

30 minutes away from my place (even more fortunate when you consider that i'm in Canada) I know for a fact he has any block

that I need. Why do you ask?

Oh, I was just curious. I went with the F54. The N42 is said to have a higher nickel content verses the siamesed cylinders of the F54. Different people have different opinions on which block is best for the stroker.

I bought what was convenient at the time. Nice having a Z junkyard handy!

I have 2 extra 89mm pistons for a KA motor that i used in my stroker build. I have no problem parting with them since i have no use for them. I had to buy 2 sets of 4 because the KA is only 4 cyl. My loss could be your gain, also i may have some l24 rods lying around. Message me if you are interested in anything.

-Ben

I plan on going with the F54 also. Not really any debate about that for me. People have all kinds of opinions about things, I guess that's what makes life interesting.

Devil i'll PM you shortly about those pistons. Thanks for offering, sure beats buying two boxes of pistons for nothing.

I'll have more updates soon with pictures of the actual car and when new parts come in. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...