HybridZ

manifold cleanup questions

zrisch

so i started to clean up my manifold but i have a few questions.

HLXoR.jpg

ok first picture, what is the best way to block off the css and breathers? how do i stop fuel from going to csv? best way to remove/ block off coolant lines.

Next, what to do with egr? and not sure what the part is in the next photo.

t8k52.jpg

is this some sort of vacum controler? what about the lines that run from it, are they needed?

LI3oV.jpg

TLDR; this is how far i got, what else still needs to be done? sorry for newbie questions. this is my first big project and ive never stipped something down to basics before.

yAxNX.jpg

1. Unhooking your CSV from power is sufficient enough to make it not work. If you feel the need, I originally blocked mine off with a large bolt and two hose clamps, as well as a block off plate (custom made) for where the CSV was mounted.

2. The EGR can be deactivated by using vacuum plugs on it. If you with to remove it, you will need to make a block off plate for it (it's the closest thing to the firewall, heald down with two bolts). If you want the tube that goes to the exhaust manifold removed, you will need two plugs, one for the exhaust manifold, and one for the intake manifold.

3. Yes, it is. It is unecessary if you don't use cruise control.

4. Well, on mine, I have two vacuum lines that run anywhere. One for the brake booster (the large one by the EGR) and one for my FPR. The rest are plugged with vacuum plugs bought from autozone (about $9 for a package). I also extended/rerouted a few of my injector wires and ran them back by my firewall so they didn't crawl over the intake manifold like yours, the ground wire that is bolted to the intake, the wires for the AFM, and the ones that go to the dizzy. At the same time I removed and de-webbed my intake manifold (and wished that I have done the 60mm TB upgrade, as well as a cable throttle conversion). You can opt to plug the crank case vent line at the intake boot and throw a filter on the valve cover side, but I have hears stories of poor running conditions as well as oil leaks, so I left mine. I highly recommend a fuel rail upgrade (Pallnet or JTR) as well as an FPR upgrade. I hacked up my stock fuel rail to make it a single pass rail with an aftermarket FPR.