HybridZ

z31 ECU setup on s30

Logoleaf

Hi everyone,

It's a long story since the day I've started to jump into this route. I first was trying to do engine swap to my 280zx but then get some advised to go with 240z. That have me changed to go with 240z and working with it.

I am now at the last stage of doing engine swap on to my s30. I have a 1985 z31 turbo ECU and wiring harness that came with the L28ET when i bought. I've pretty much done all the other stuff and now looking for a serious help of setting up the ECU. I have a few questions that not sure what to do since i've got confused with many different answers on the internet research.

Here is my problems:

1. What is the minimum fuel delivery should i use for my set up?

2. Do i need to remapping the ECU to run a 550cc fuel injector?

3. If i run stock z31 ECU, do i need to do any modification on wiring?

Here is my set up:

-89mm pistons

-Stock fuel injectors

-Borg warner T5 tranny

-T3/T4 ball bearing turbo

-Stock exhaust manifold

-50mm wastegate

-3" exhaust system

I know there's some threads have already posted some where but please post it here is greatly appreciated since I don't want to get more confuse of reading else where.

Please any comments would be useful and thankful for walking me through these problems.

Cheers,!!!

Edited by Logoleaf

1. Stock turbo pump is ok for 290cc stock injectors. I used a Bosch pump with my 370cc injectors, but I modified my MAF with a 30% larger ID.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, fuel pump, distributor, ignition and some sensors may need connector/wiring modifications.

Edited by SleeperZ

• 9 months later...

1. Stock turbo pump is ok for 290cc stock injectors. I used a Bosch pump with my 370cc injectors, but I modified my MAF with a 30% larger ID.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, fuel pump, distributor, ignition and some sensors may need connector/wiring modifications.

Thanks for the answers SleeperZ. I've just got my S30 suspensions done. Now moving to engine wiring. Hope can get some helps later if i got stuck.