HybridZ

HELP!!! AZC REARS LOCKING!!!!

Hi, Im Michael from Australia. I own a 71 240z which has over the last year been through a full resoration.

RB25det/FMIC/3" exh/AZC Coilovers/AZC 4 piston discs all round/new busings/r200 upgrade etc etc etc.

I am going through Engineering in Aus (inspections to ensure vehicle is safe after modifications).

Upon testing my rears always lock up first, which is a big NO NO. I installed the AZC prop valve, which has helped but not eliminated the proplem completely.

I read through topics on here and noticed a few recommendations about removing the stock prop valve? Will this sort the issue?

I have done the 15/16 MC, new lines all round, Skyline r33 brake booster.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Yes remove the stock proportioning valve. It's been a long time is ce I've done mine but I seem to remember the stock valve may. Hold pressure in the stock drum brakes.

Another consideration is pad compound.

Gut the stock valve and go from there.

Are you certain that you have the front and rears hooked up correctly to the MC? It's worth verifying if you haven't already.

I didn't remove the stock proportioning valve from my setup because the ACZ instructions say that you don't have to. I assume Dave knows what he is talking about but I have not had a chance to test mine.

This is a common issue on early 2000 model year subaru WEX's with the newer 4pot fronts and 2pot rears. Running an OEM compound in the rear and a sport compound in the front seems to sort things out.

Double check that everything is connected correctly first though...

This is a common issue on early 2000 model year subaru WEX's with the newer 4pot fronts and 2pot rears. Running an OEM compound in the rear and a sport compound in the front seems to sort things out.

Double check that everything is connected correctly first though...

Thanks for your help guys. Problem is sorted, removed the stock prop valve and it pulls up much better, with the fronts locking first now. SOLVED!!!