HybridZ

GM LS-Series Oil Pan Dimensions and Part Numbers

We've created a page with dimensions and part numbers for the most common GM LS-series oil pans as a resource for anyone doing a swap. We will continue to update the page with the latest part numbers and additional pans.

Link: http://www.improvedracing.com/LS-oil-pan-dimensions.php

If anyone thinks there's something we should add, let me know!

Edited by RaceDriver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unless you are using nitro, does it really matter how many quarts the oil pan holds? I've been using Mobil1 synthetic in my LS2 and that stuff costs like gold! This is an honest question, not a smart alek remark. I'm using a stock Camaro pan. It hangs an inch too low, so I put a 1" bar on my crossmember to break bottles or any other trash in the road before hitting the aluminum oil pan.

That C6 pan looks very tempting to use for LS Z swap. As it is about an inch shorter then the camaro pan which I currently have. It has the same part number for the gasket so im guessing it will fit the ls1. If anybody has info on this let me know. Im going to run this by LS1TECH also. I need the clearance!!

--Jim

Talked with some people and it seem for the best pan clearance. It looks like the Corvette C6 pan is it. Just swap the pan and pickup. May have to mod the dip stick though. Sorry if im thread jacking just thought this could help.

Jim

• 1 month later...

I am having a 3/16" thick, 1.5" tall wedge-shaped "cattle catcher" welded onto the bottom of my front crossmember in order to deflect any rocks or beer bottles that I may encounter in the road or on the track.  I already have a few marks on my LS1 Camaro oilpan, which hangs 1/5" below the crossmember with the JCI mount system.  Luckily none of the impacts have been of sufficient force to cause a breakage.

Talked with some people and it seem for the best pan clearance. It looks like the Corvette C6 pan is it. Just swap the pan and pickup. May have to mod the dip stick though. Sorry if im thread jacking just thought this could help.

Jim

Do you know if anyone is using the C6 oil pan on a S30 with long tubes? Just want to make sure it fits.