HybridZ

ordering 260 parts

So I have been in the process of ordering parts for my 260, and I don't want to make a noob mistake and waste money. My Z's production date is 12/73, so its an early version 260 and is modeled after the 240. Where I get confused is like when I'm looking at a full bushing kit and Energy Suspension divides their kits from 70-73 and 74-78. I believe I would want to order the 70-73 kit, correct?

Order the 280Z kit. The 260Z has the 280Z steering rack, thus requiring 280Z rack bushings. The 240Z ones won't fit (too small). Also, the 280Z kit should have both front and rear ARB endlinks and bushings. The 240Z had just the front ARB.

Thanks Leon! By the looks of your thread, you've been down this road a time or two. haha

It's definetly good to know that, that part changed from the begining of the get go and not the switch over point.

Edited by b18crx

Thanks Leon! By the looks of your thread, you've been down this road a time or two. haha

It's definetly good to know that, that part changed from the begining of the get go and not the switch over point.

Amen to that! Had to find out the hard way...

HI OFECR, just wondering on the no fit of the sway bars. Could you explain the problem on the rear.... was it a diameter difference or in the shape of the bar?

It's another early 260Z anomaly (include the late 240Z in this one, though). The factory early 260Z rear ARB mounts differ in location from late 260Z/280Z. Thus, the 280Z bar is not bent in a way that accomodates mounting it on an early 260Z.

This thread details it very nicely: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/95664-260z-rear-sway-bar-what-will-if-fit/