HybridZ

does anyone know about blow through turbo setups???

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i posted a question on blow through turbo setups...but got no replies....i need to know somthing if u guys can help???...please...jim

search the archives as this has been discussed to the detail I believe you're looking for or at least a great help

I just searched 'turbo blow through' and got 4 different thread matches with lots of content/q's left after reading those might elicit more replies and jog some memories.

I'm always amazed at the ground quickly covered in this forum and the great archive resource we have here. Not sure if it's in our initial/mainpage statement but wouldn't be a bad ideer if not.

------------------

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

I don't think there is anyone currently reading this board who has such a setup. There was a guy with the user name "Dr. Graham" who had it, if you search for his name in the archives you will find his email address.

He was talking about ditching it for a V8. I don't think you'll find many people who have good things to say about blowthrough/drawthrough turbo setups.

Guest Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Oltmann:

Dan, you're right, but I think people are usually talking about turbo's with carbs when they use those terms.

Zspeed also said in his other post that he was talking about using SU's.

So, I am guessing that in blow-thru setup the carb/injection is after the turbine and in draw-thru the fuel is mixed before the turbo. If this is true, it seems that throttle response must suffer.

there was an article in hotrod magazines latest issue about early turbo cars, they said that the stall had to be reset frm 2800 to 4300 because of the lag, but hey this 327 was twin turbo in the sixties and had 2.2 hp per inch!!!! hey there was also an article about

carbed turbo in zcar.com somewhere, someone with a rotomaster turbo single su fed z boosting liek 40lbs or somthing lke that???

not the most efficient and definitely not good on the street, i think turbo is for teh efi crowd only, best way to manage the boost