HybridZ

WTB L28 square port header with 1 3/4" primaries

Rob240z

Hi Everyone,

I only need a few more parts to finish my supercharged L30 build. One that has been difficult to find is a L28 square port header with 1 3/4" primaries.

I really would like the Nissan Motorsports competition headers, but haven't been able to find one. nismoparts.com lists it for sale, but I've tried to email them a few times over the last couple of months to see if it's available with no response. Has anyone else bought these headers from them recently? Or maybe from somewhere else?

I have also considered Stahl headers, but from a thread on this forum it sounds like he is not making them anymore. I read he might still sell a kit, but I don't have the welding skills to put them together even if I could get a kit.

I guess I'm just hoping someone on here has a set they don't need or could at least send me in the right direction. I'm not looking for a deal, just some help.

Thanks a lot,

Rob

Thanks for the help Zippy. I probably should have just called Stahl directly as I was reading some conflicting information online.

John, we spoke about this on the phone the other night. Does that mean you will be selling Stahl headers again? Also, thanks for taking your time answering all my questions and just giving me some experienced advice. I really appreciate it. I was starting to get used to the idea that I would just get a MSA header until I could find Nissan Motorsports or a Stahl header. But now I think I will probably just go with the Stahl if this is indeed true.

Thanks,

Rob

• 2 months later...

I finally found one.  Someone on here contacted me because of this ad.  They had one that had never been run before (just trial fitted) that has a little rust and some of the chrome peeling.  I scrubbed it with some oxalic acid to remove the rust and polished it with mothers.  I think it came out really good.

I had bought the pacesetter header off ebay, but the build quality of this is so much better.  The pace setter ports had welds that were very inconsistent and very large.  The welds made the ports significantly smaller than the inside pipe diameter.  When I made a port template of my rebello ported p90, the Nissan Motorsport header matched the ports almost perfectly.  The header ports are just slightly larger than the head, which is perfect in my mind.  I'm very happy with this header. Now Just need to get it fitted when the motor goes in then it's off to Swain Tech for their white lightning coating.  This header was really hard to find so I want to make sure it lasts as long as possible. 

post-11209-0-96623900-1361148053_thumb.jpg