HybridZ

Headers need modification to fit?

Nismodealer

Whats up guys, finally time for the last piece of the fitment problem - 1991 302, trick flow heads going into 1970 z

Edit: Trick Flow twised wedge 170 heads - I've been told they don't require different headers as the GT40s do

I am trying to buy the right headers which would ideally eliminate as much modification to them as possible. I have read about the speedways, and their needing to be notched and dimpled... I can go that route, and I like the price, but would prefer less mod reqs.

Anyone used MAC or BBK?? Any suggestions on mods they'd need (or hopefully lack thereof but I think I'm dreaming)

Thanks in advance

Edited by Nismodealer

I'm not aware of any that would fit without modification. I am using summit huggers and they still needed to be dented a bit. I suppose you could relocate the steering knuckle...but that would be much more work that just heating the header and smacking it with a hammer a few times. 

You could put a turbo on it. Drop the exhaust in front of the crossmember....problem solved. :P