HybridZ

Homemade Wiring Harness Help

Ozzie831

Hey I need a lot of help with wiring because I have no idea what Im doing haha. I dont know what I need to keep and what I can let go.

I'm in the middle of turboing my 77 280z and I need some advice. Im not sure if there is any threads on this already but I did look and didnt see any.

So for the electrical in my car, I have a Megasquirt with the 8' wiring harness from DIYAUTO, SS Blaster and 6AL, and Turbo Dizzy. 

I know its tough to have someone describe to me or even post pics but any help is appreciated. I just have no idea where to start.

You need to read the Megamanual, so you can setup Megatune and megasquirt to run your engine  GM intake air temp sensor. Mid 90's on up Nissan Throttle position sensor. Wideband 02 sensor. Wideband gauge. Relays and box for your megasquirt.

You didn't post what else you had for your car so these should have you in good shape.

Edited by dexter72

haha yea I was in a hurry on writing this post so I was drawing blanks haha.

I have the wideband with the gauge, 240sx throttle body with tps, and the GM AIT sensor haha. I have almost every part for the entire turbo setup......just dont know where to start putting it together hahahahaha, as well as the wiring harness is making me go cross eyed just looking at it haha

Start by placing your fixed items, then locating the others where you want them then just runt eh wires ina way that makes sence to you. I placed the MS ecu inisde the glovebox and the relay box on the battery tray along with the msd box, I ran the injector, distributor wiring straight back tot he firewall then over to the battery tray area. In the 280 it might be a better optiont o locate the ecu and relay board in place of the stock ecu and run the wires to the firewall then over the master cylinder and through the stock hole int he firewall. I did also drill a hole in the inner finder beside the clutch master so I coukld run wires to the coil in the stock location. Just take your time and run one thing at a time, leave a little slack int he wiring, and once it's all run start bunchign up allt he stuff that runs along the same path.

Take a loop of wire at the ECU about four inches in diameter if you can spare it.  If you have any issues down the road you now have a "service loop" to draw from but your install will remain neat and tidy.

Did you get the newer DIY harness that has shielded wires?