HybridZ

ECU modifications to Megasquirt 1 Version 2.2 for 1983 L28et

benp

What sort of injectors are you using? The PWM current limiting settings are rather weird.

Also, where is the MS grounded? Motomanmike is right that you shouldn't see battery voltage spikes like that.

And if you're not sure how the board has been modded for spark output, please post a picture.

Edited by Matt Cramer

The injectors are the dark blue ford cfi injectors, 440cc. All ms grounds go straight to battery neg. The sensors ground to the intake manifold. The voltage spike problem may be because the small red ms power wire goes to the oem fuse box. I'm thinking I may need a better place for ignition. Here is a copy and paste of the email I sent you on Sept. 5th:

Hello. My name is Shane. I'm using the ms2 v3.57 in a 1983 280zx non-turbo. It's using the original vr distributor. I have spark output on D14 with the 330 ohm resister and a single bip373. The car runs great until the bip373 gets hot then it starts misfiring. I've tried dwell settings from 2.5 to 4.0 and it still misfires. I've also replaced the bip373 twice and added some more heat sink. I've triple checked to make sure the bip373 is not shorted and has good grounds straight to the battery. I'm not sure what's going on because I have the ms2 v 3.0 that I assembled myself on my own 280zx turbo and have never had this problem.

Here is the last email I sent you before you requested the datalog. Sorry I got busy and didn't get around to it:

Hi. Last night I spent several hours trying to get this problem fixed. I ended up wiring the jumper with the 330 ohm resister that goes to the bip373 straight to the back side of the 40 pin dip to pin #7. I had it wired to SP1. I haven't been able to find any documentation on where exactly to install the jumper. Now it's not using the spark table and the trigger wizard has no effect. Other than that the car runs great. Attached is my latest msq file. Thanks...Shane

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...