HybridZ

Computer/iPad mount for 280Z

TomoHawk

Higuys,

You seem to like most mods, so I thought I'd ask over here instead:

I would like to mount a tablet PC, like an iPad or other medium-sized tablet into my '78, so I need some ideas. I only need ideas for a mounting bracket or arm, so I can attach the holder/swivel myself. I will handle the electrical needs myself also.

There are a few constraints I need to adhere to:

1-  the tablet (about 4x8 inches,like a Motorola Xoom or Kindle Fire) will be mounted in landscape orientation above the center gauges high enough to read the gauges, but not so high it blocks my view of the road.

2-  The mount needs to be metal and semi-pernanent so it doesn't flop around (autoX tech guys don't like anything floppy.) A 2-point mount is acceptable and probably recommended

3-  The glovebox door or seat bolt isn't an acceptable place for a mounting bracket-  see #1& 2

4- Suction cups are NOT permitted.

5-  I can get a second vent panel if necessary for show use, or to make cuts into, so the bracket could be mounted to the dash framing.  It would be nice to leave the mount in the car, except for special events, like Z meets

thanks a lot, and Merry Christmas

Edited by TomoHawk

• 2 years later...

Id check out Ram Mounts. They have a ton of products for just this. www.rammounts.com. They arent going to make anything specific but I bet you could get a base to mount somewhere and then get the right arms to get it to where you want.