HybridZ

What clutch and Pressure plate

tooquick260

I'm running an ACT unit, take a look at their website - www.advancedclutch.com, you can get a pressure plate and clutch combo that meet your goals and will have OEM feel since the power your looking at making won't need anything too fancy. Just look up your application and they describe the feel.

Edited by 24OZ

Great info, which one do you have.

The 3000405 - Perf Street Sprung Disc looks like a good match for what is needed. Has 490lb pressure shouldnt be to heavy, they have another that is only 410 but I don't want to have to come back 3-6 months and update it once the turbo is dialed in.

On my nearly stock 280zx I use an exedy stage one. Works great, super easy and streetable like a stock clutch. On my 200hp 260z I was running a Spec stage 3 6-puck and that thing was a total bitch to daily. Grabbed like crazy. If you're DDing this car I would go with one that is not a 6-puck but something with 2 materials. Spec makes decent clutches.

190rwhp n/a car and I used the 240mm flywheel and the Arizona Zcar clutch that Dave sells.

Pedal feel is totally normal. Perfect for daily driver. Good takeup and good feel.

However I usually just dump it and let the tires work out the details.

Not sure at what h/p it would slip? Or fail to engage crisply.