HybridZ

Bolts and thread sizes

Nismo_Gizmo

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there is a good reference to find bolt and screw sizes that were used to attach the various body panels, doors, etc. Specifically, I am in need of the 5 or 6 inner fender bolts and the 2 that attach at the lower part of the fender. I don't know if these vary for all S30s, but just in case they do, the car in question is a 1973 240z. I wasn't able to find anything at my local hardware store to match, and some ******* is selling sets on Ebay for $60, and i'm not entirely sure that they'd fit anyway.

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Nismo_Gizmo

Most front fender to body bolts are 6 x .1.0 except the two go straight up underneath just in front of the door, and the one that hides up top until you open the door, which are 8 x 1.25.

As was recently pointed out to me (thanks John!), the 6 (three each side) 6x1.0 bolts along the inner fender lip where the hood fits have a very special thin head, and after going through my pile-o-bolts, sure enough, I have quite a few. Guess they thought the close fit with the hood required thin heads. I'm using regular head bolts with no problem, but if you 'correct' minded, then let me know.

Hope that helps! Happy thread shopping.

post-2004-0-51134300-1357779558_thumb.jpg

Edited by z240

• 2 weeks later...

Some people get aluminium M6x1.0's for fastening the wings! (JDM Group 4 kit comes like that!)

Still others replicate them in Ti, gun drill them, and spotface the heads with a ball-end mill so the fastener doesn't add any more weight to the vehicle than its function necessitates!