HybridZ

burnout vid posted updated~!!!!!

stony

Guest Anonymous

the video is cool, but the sound sucks...i wish i could hear that RB26DETT clearly icon_smile.gif keep up the good work, i wanna see some more!

shoot i didnt even record with a sound hookup looks like mike mic was inputting sound to the recording. the vids never were supposed to have sound not yet atleast so turn down the volume. that sound is very annoying. ;>

Wow stony, I wish that was me icon_wink.gif

I'm going to call a guy tomorrow that some of you may be familiar with. He's mentioned in the most recent Turbo magazine as "Super Mario" and is a good friend of my own good friends Joel and Chris, who are doing Mario's 510 SR20DET swap. He knows a lot about this stuff so hopefully he'll be able to help me out. What would I need for an RB25 swap? Obviously the motor and tranny, then the RB20 Z31 motor mounts and RB20 oil pan (correct?). I know motors with a cut harness cost around $1k less than with a full harness/ECU and with that money I could use SDS, correct? What do you think? Sound reasonable? All this plus a reconfigured driveshaft and I'd pretty much be ready to go, I think, with an upgraded cooling system and a fabricated intercooler setup.... I know your swap wasn't so bad because you had it done in Japan where it's done all the time, how much worse do you think it will be to do in south California?

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: Nion ]

if you have someone in cali that can hook you up you should be in there but prabably gonna be expensive. I would reserch teh rb.26 the intake manifold sits really high nad might not clear the hood. should be too hard to fab one though. and if you have the r-33 5 speed and front half of the driveshaft only thing youll need to do is fab tranny mounts. everything else is bolt in.

hey got it updated a little got the entire run including burnout to be under 5 meg ;>

i went to install my rear control arms today and the pin (big one) that holds the arm to spindle was frozen big time... ended up cutting between the spindel and arm and dropping at a shop to get it removed. Also discoved diff mount broken in half ;<. anyone ever weld hese stock units up so they are a solid link? what im talking about is taking a piece of metal and welding it in where the rubber part is? I did it with my RX-7 a while back and shouldnt be too hard on the Z.

l8rz

clint

Guest Anonymous

for some reason i cant view the movie...i dont think i have the required decomressor...i have divix tho...why dont you make the movie divix?

Oh man - can't post a WEB site as an image but wWOW, more pics more pics! How's it run, more details icon_biggrin.gif Seriosuly, that looks real nice and I'd like to hear lot's about it. JDM all the way right? Power? If you've posted all this and I've been asleep I'm sorry. Looks like it fit well and around here it sure would puzzle people when you popped the hood! (lol) icon_smile.gif

BLKMGK

It runs great way better then expected. had a best run of 11.138@120mph.

sorry im kinda internet stupid tried to post an image from the page oh well ;<

last time at the track i busted my diff mount and twisted the body a bit. i know this cause there is some cracks in the paint on the rt rear 1/4 window pillar. gonna get a cage in it before the next trip to the track ;>also upgrade injectors. that should get me solid into the 10s ;>

Okay, my "secret" to putting pics here is as follows - I use the image button below icon_smile.gif Seriously, I used to try and do it other ways and just always screwed it up. I DO simply paste in URLs and let the software convert them for me.

Can't help you with GeoCities though. I THINK there's a way to simply FTP to them but I'm not sure how. Honestly I gave up on them awhile ago as I'm NOT an HTML wiz. My site is "easy" becasue I know how to use the software it's based on (Notes) and it does most everything for me... Oh and the Woman tinkers with the HTML constantly - it's become quite the pig but I didn't say that (ahem).