HybridZ

S130 L28 N/A misfire and misfire and misfire...

I've been having this annoying misfire with my car for a few months now. I first noticed the misfire when i installed a performance catback exhaust system in the car. Its not like a loud bang or pop, but its like a bubbly/boiling sort of sounding misfire. During idle, it runs fairly smooth, misses slightly, and surges up and down between 700-850rpm.

When i accelerate the engine misfires as the tach climbs. When decelerating, a /rumbling/popping sound occurs. Pretty much the only time i notice the engine NOT misfiring is when accelerating hard. Heres the work ive done already to try and fix this: Replaced o2 sensor, Cleaned AFM, Replaced Master Vac lines, replaced PCV valve, and retimed the ignition. Heres other engine work ive done to my car since i bought it: Replaced Spak Plugs and Plug Wires, Distributor Cap and Rotor, Fuel filter, Fuel Hoses, and the Air Filter. BTW Car is in need of valve adjustment.

Car Specs: 1982 280ZX N/A 62,781 Miles. Car was found sitting in a garage unused since 2005 by second owner. EVERYTHING on the car was original down to the Tranny Fluid.

Mods/Upgrades: K&N Air Filter (Stock Intake), Crane PS20 Ignition Coil, and MSA Catback Exhaust with Summit Racing Muffler.