HybridZ

Guys with BOV before throttle

Ben's Z

I have yet to find a clean looking 45 degree angled piece of pipe with a blow off flange welded to it.

On my setup, I am welding one of these to my intercooler piping about 2 inches from the throttle body

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GReddy-Type-S-R-RS-RZ-Weld-On-Flange-Kit-Aluminum-/200858557563?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec41a5c7b&vxp=mtr

Pretty sure it's going to have to be DIY if you want to customize the location.

EDIT: heres a mock up of that flange on my intercooler piping.

photobucket-38963-1362429118383_zps48d23

Edited by OldAndyAndTheSea

I have yet to find a clean looking 45 degree angled piece of pipe with a blow off flange welded to it.

On my setup, I am welding one of these to my intercooler piping about 2 inches from the throttle body

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GReddy-Type-S-R-RS-RZ-Weld-On-Flange-Kit-Aluminum-/200858557563?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec41a5c7b&vxp=mtr

Pretty sure it's going to have to be DIY if you want to customize the location.

What are you using for a BOV?

It's not a great photo, but here is a shot of my Greddy RS knockoff mounted right before the TB. It's not mounted directly to an elbow, but right in between the elbow connected to the TB and another curved aluminum piece going out through the radiator support. The valve is mounted to a generic ebay special flange.

post-5955-0-74973200-1362421022_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is mounted on charge piping before the intercooler. Welded on and the bov is a cheap turbo xs copy from frozenboost.com after i shimmed it with supplied washers it was worked very well for over a year and sounds great not ricer. I did not feel the need to vent cooled air rather than hot so i put mine before the cooler. 15899015_large.jpg15904145_large.jpg16087775_large.jpg

• 3 weeks later...