HybridZ

trouble uploading ms extra

mattb3562

Does anyone know what this screen shot is trying to tell me? I have built a MS1 V3 board and I'm trying to download the 029y4a fir mware to it and it's giving me this crap. lol I have been studying and have spent several hours on my computer that's running Windows 7 to get the 64 bit firmware error solved and it's finally communicating, but it's telling me this when I go to load it to Megasquirt. post-31622-0-07708300-1362790815_thumb.jpg

Very well may be...I was thinking the same thing and tried the upload without the jumper and it said the samething. The jumper I installed feels tight between the two holes, but I didn't solder it so I could pull it right back out. Should I solder it or maybe get some 22 awg wire for a tighter connection?

It really doesn't take much to make the connection. Just make sure it's solid and in place before it's powered  up. If you really want to be sure, you could ohm the left and ride side of the jumper pins and see if your jumper wire is making a connection. Also make sure whatever adapter you're using is set to 9600 baud, I think MS2 uses a higher rate. 

If you want to see exactly what's going on when you try to boot, you'll need to get hyperterminal and then you can follow DIYautotune's guide here.

I don't know fellas. I've went thru every way I've found to upgrade firmware with no avail...The Megatune route ( which I wasn't going to use for tuning ) auto-upgrade throws the 64 bit error on my windows 7. So I downloaded the 029y4a for 64 bit OS and copied it and that's where the screenshot comes from when trying. I tested the loopback on my USB to serial adapter with cable on and off the Megasquirt and it tests good thru the hyperterminal program, but when I go thru the DIY instructions on upgrading using hyperterminal, the "boot" mode does not automatically come up when I power up Megasquirt. (By the way, I am doing all of this testing with a hot 12v battery sitting here connected thru the supplied  the bought harness from DIY, so no rigging is involved here. And all power supply tests have been successful) I also just got done re-soldering all connections to the max232 with perfect cones on each side and even soldered in the boot jumper. I am about ready to pull my hair out, so if anyone has any ideas, they would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Ok, I got it. For future reference, I'm gonna post the solution...a different computer. Lol When I first tried to load it, I was getting the 64-bit error, so I downloaded the 029y4a folder and the 64-bit firmware from DIY and copied it into the 029 folder. That's when it started to communicate, but with no luck. Anyway, I borrowed someone's older laptop running a 32-bit Vista and it went thru on the first try. Idk.

..but I'm happy. Thanks fellas