HybridZ

Thinking about painting my truck with bed liner, thoughts?

josh817

Got a 1971 Datsun 521 as a daily driver. Built her to be a dog, thrash around and not even care. Most of her isn't Datsun anymore. That being said, she has some patina, some people like it, I don't. Never wanted to paint her because

1) The whole point of the build was to have something that I can have fun driving, not worry about dings or anything

2) She sleeps outside with the animals, hobo's, and crazy Texas weather such as hail and as stated above, I don't really care as long as the glass doesn't break
3) Because she stays outside in the sun and weather, I know any cheap paint job will fade quickly

So I figured painting it with bed liner. Our shop neighbor has a spray gun that can handle the thick goo paint but I'd rather brush it on. I did the interior of the truck with it and its holding up great. I don't think it will look good if I use the type with the gritty rubber stuff in it but I don't know if they make it without the grit. It's tough stuff though and I can paint over less than perfect surfaces! It comes out looking like a really bad paint job however...

Trying to look for colors other than black, honestly I think I'd rather do black or that military green, I'm open to other options.

Thoughts?

5v2nme.jpg

24e1j4n.jpg

s27d3p.jpg

33xzi89.jpg

jkf0px.jpg

dv1ud.jpg

Edited by josh817