HybridZ

some pics of the 3.0 turbo nitrous 510

Guest Anonymous

I really like the 510's; wish I had come across the Datsun's at an earlier age.

I saw your pictures...didnt realize last time when I looked at your T-56 pic's that you were installing it & your Inliner6/3.0 Turbo? into a 510 icon_cool.gif that car is gonna Kick But!

BTW: for those of you who collect Magazine Articles on 510 & Z's; this months Road & Track did a special on Morton's 70'ish BRE 510...very nice article w/great pic's!

Good luck on your engine instal.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

The setup looks pretty cool. You need to fire your welder for putting those dirt dobbers on your downpipe. I had thought about converting to port injected NOS, but knowing I did not want to run more than a 65 shot did not justify the cost. Do you have specs on the turbo and engine setup? Also, how much NOS do you plan to squirt? I think you will be happy with the results. Maybe we can race some time...with or without NOS?

BTW, why have you chosen not to run an intercooler? You are robbing some serious HP potential!

engine6.jpg

Guest Anonymous

i am only running 7 psi of boost.i didn`t think that small amount of boost deserved an intercooler.so am opting for water injection for the moment.i have plans in the future for an air/water intercooler if i decided to up the boost.,as i am using a slightly modified toyota ct 26 turbo off of an 89 supra.the nitrous shot is going to be around 120 hp to the wheels.i figured i would run around on low boost levels , then when things get serious i turn the bottle on.i think a race would defintly be in order between the two of us.

FL327, your money is on the 510??? No offense SSS510, Chuckle...Chuckle....Chuckle! Let me get this straight, let us just assume that both engines are built the same(block&head) and traction is equal. A slightly modified CT26 makes dick for power, MR2's are running mid to high 13's with slightly modified CT26 turbo's. Now, the setup is not intercooler, power lose right there. My twin 16G's support 1010cfm @15psi ontop of the fact I have a tubular SS header. Not to mention custom intake manifold and NOS. Hell, Mitsubishi's are running 11's with one of my turbo's. Put that to a LSD that is driven by a built automatic and 5800 stall converter.

You V8 guys are funny...hey did you see my new 500hp crate motor??? Yea, how did you do at the track??? My 500hp crate motor ran 14.1! Wow, sounds like your 500hp crate motor makes 200hp!

Anyway, I like to stir the pot...just kidding around and I look forward to seeing how your turbo setup runs. I would suggest an IC even with the NOS. It will allow you to run upwards of 17-19psi on 93 octane and the benefits below 10psi are very noticable.

Guest Anonymous

like i said i have plans for a air/water intercooler , i just have no space for a decent ic at the moment.i plan on running an aircraft super charger intercooler core with a volkwagen rabbit radiator in the trunk as an exchange unit. i plan to have it in the car by summer.i have never been afraid of a race if i lose i just jet up. NOS is great stuff .

Guest Anonymous

Good luck with getting that power to the ground! the 510 had a perfect balance of weight, you just added about 200lbs of weight to the front, mated with the rear suspension of the 510, you will probably lose most races based on no traction. Unless you flare out the rear and install bigger tires. Ive owned 510's and Z's, both were never designed for that grip you need with high hp. I would suggest not hitting the NOS unless you're like in 3 rd gear. Good luck! Nice job with the install by the way!!

Guest Anonymous

i have had no traction problems with the car,i have an R-200 with a Nismo LSD. the car previously ran a 12.55 at 110 with a 1.8 60 ft. ( i have air bags in the rear springs).my car launches quite well.as for the intake i have a turbo blanket on and my inside front headlight is removed.plans in the future are to make a duct from the headlamp to the intake. i finnally got to drive the car today and other than it being very noisy from not having a muffler and being a little tough going into 5th. i was quite please as it had good power even though some work needs to be done on the mixture settings on the SDS.now it`s just bugs and tuning.

SS510, watch that inlet filter on the turbo. I used to run the filter just off the inlet and found that the exhaust manifold generated sufficient heat to melt the rubber on the filter. Also, you do not want to suck in hot engine air as it will make a difference on power. Especially since you are not running an intercooler. Looks great though!