HybridZ

L26 performance

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

MSA sells the intake manifold to adapt to a chrysler? 4 barrel.

hang on. Yeah, page 55, bottom right.

part number 11-2995. number 10-1862 is the throttle cable and bracket. it actually looks like it is drilled for different carbs, and it says "allows you to select your own carburetor"

It doesn't look like the most efficient design, but the tuning must be MUCH easier. It all depends on what you want I guess.

Hope this helps,

Kris

I've heard people liking the change to the 4 barrle, cause they hated the Sus or Flatops, and couldn't tune them, i havn't heard much about performance wise, but tuning wise its much easier

• 2 weeks later...

The Clifford one bolts to the stock intakes where the cabrs went. The distribution would be the same as stock. This is the one I was looking for for my last Z. Found one on Ebay once, maybe you can get lucky. Actually found one with a carb (a Holley 390) that was already tuned for an L28.

Good Luck!

AL icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

They are about $250 for the manifold and carb mounting plate from Clifford. Clifford has been in the 6 cylinder performance market for about 30-35 years I believe. Not sure how this manifold works, but they make other great parts.

Dome-top SUs are fine for performance, probably better than any 4bbl setup (lotsa 90 degree bends, lotsa fuel dropped outta suspension).

EASY to balance with a Unisyn tool. Jetting changes done by turning the adjustment wheel at the bottom of the carb, raising or lowering the metering needle.