HybridZ

Is there anyone running a roots/twin screw style s/c?

What information are you looking for? I can tell you if you buy a kit from Magnuson it contains everything you will need. I completed the install in four hours from the time the boxes arrived to starting her up! As soon as I finish adding to the supercharger fund, I'll be doing the same to my car.

Joe

Looking between Dan's car and the car you did work on they are completely different set ups for the power and drive train compared to my set up. I am going from an N/A LS6/th400 set up to a turbo LM7/th400, but a maggie 1900 crossed my mind. I am curious how well mannered the car is with IRS and how is the traction (or lack there of) on a 8.5 tire? I am on my phone so Ill dig into your thread and look at Dans set up more when I get home.

I don't think Dan's body is stock as I think he has modified the firewall to move the engine further back. The car I did will drive like any other car as long as you are not putting your foot in it. Once you do that the lack of traction becomes very evident. The torque curve, if you want to call it a curve, is extremely flat and peaks at about 470 at the wheels. The motor is capable of making much more power but the car owner is keeping boost set at 6 lbs for the time being as he is running 245 street tires.

Joe

IMO, a twin screw blower in a sub 3000 # car is pointless. There is almost no way to make something with that much torque hook up. (without a back half and slicks)

That is exactly my worry even on low boost. Id hate to have 600hp and run a 12, might as well own a Supra. :icon10:

Beyond the traction trouble that your going to have with a supercharger, they are great fun! The power is right off idle. If you decide to buy one and your looking for 550+ FWHP , go for the 119 or the 2300 depending on your expectations. The heat soak in 112 happens pretty fast when you start changing pullys. The other + side in my opinion is you don't necessarily need a big cam.       If I could find some one to swop my 112 for a 2300, or there abouts, I'd do it in a hart beat. The little maggie is just to small for a 6.L engine.

Dans toy- what is the budget from stock to strip? Please include any cam, fuel pump, injector, computer tuning, intercooler, dyno safety check and cooling mods neede/advised. Assume new parts and self install. Any advice about used kits? You are solid rear with coilovers and four-bar/anti-squat, right? What is your trans/stall?

If your concerned about too much horsepower, perhaps a supercharged LS motor is not for you :)

Joe

Horsepower isnt a concern, running 9's are.

Beyond the traction trouble that your going to have with a supercharger, they are great fun! The power is right off idle. If you decide to buy one and your looking for 550+ FWHP , go for the 119 or the 2300 depending on your expectations. The heat soak in 112 happens pretty fast when you start changing pullys. The other + side in my opinion is you don't necessarily need a big cam.       If I could find some one to swop my 112 for a 2300, or there abouts, I'd do it in a hart beat. The little maggie is just to small for a 6.L engine.

The off idle power is what I remember from ride alongs in a maggie c6 and some roots style viper, and what I am concerned with in my car.

Why the 2300 over the 1900?

Dans toy- what is the budget from stock to strip? Please include any cam, fuel pump, injector, computer tuning, intercooler, dyno safety check and cooling mods neede/advised. Assume new parts and self install. Any advice about used kits? You are solid rear with coilovers and four-bar/anti-squat, right? What is your trans/stall?

I have some new, some rebuilt and some used parts. My project has past the 20k mark.  The blower kit I bought new for $6500 comes complete tune & all but depending on what LS vehicle you install it on will likely need misc changes( they are known to last a long time, contact Magnuson ). / LS6 cam / 4L80E / roughly 2000 stall / Competition Engineers rear suspension.  

Just more power potential.  Sacramento area has quite a few E85 stations to support higher levels of boost beyond 91 octane gas.  If your going to run pump gas only with an LS6(5.7L) engine the 1900 is a good choice.

Edited by Dans toy

If you go with a 5.3L , pump gas, the 112 would be ok and are much easier on the wallet (used). I originally had this kit on my 5.3 silverado with an LS6 cam/ intake kit and exhaust improvements. With a 3.4 pulley,7 lbs boost, it made 400 rwhp on a dynojet ( a bit over rated ). Try to find a low profile kit /corvette/ universal / that will allow optimum hood clearance as the truck kits stick up to high for a stock Z hood . If a 3"+ cowl hood is ok the more abundant taller truck kits will fit just fine without relocating the engine.          The traction issues, in my opinion, are something that can be improved with the IRS enough to enjoy a supercharger on a Z and have the fuel mileage, drivability and throttle response for a street car like no other! 

I have a 1900 on my 1971 RS Camaro it made 552 rwhp at 10lbs. If I had it to do over I would go turbo I spent 10k on my set up with custom ground cam and I had to go with 8 rib ATI pulleys to stop the belt from slipping. The car is fun and is traction limited at 60mph or less and still gets 26+/- mpg on the hwy. Car weighs 3180 lbs

I have a 1900 on my 1971 RS Camaro it made 552 rwhp at 10lbs. If I had it to do over I would go turbo I spent 10k on my set up with custom ground cam and I had to go with 8 rib ATI pulleys to stop the belt from slipping. The car is fun and is traction limited at 60mph or less and still gets 26+/- mpg on the hwy. Car weighs 3180 lbs

Nice car, I had one years ago. Is your engine an LS2 ?