HybridZ

Rebello "stroker" kit?

SLY280Z

quick question bought the stroker kit from rebello just got it yesterday and it's all AWESOME!!! forged JE 89mm pistons, Eagle H beam forged light weight rods, clevite bearings, 490/290 cam, but one thing that concerned me was the crank that came with the "stroker" kit says P30 which from all my research isn't that a stock l28 crank? I measured with a micrometer and the crank is ground down 3mm smaller than stock but how is this a "stroker" if it has a stock stroke? I'm calling rebello Monday jw if anyone might have some insight to this. thanks in advance :-)

oh and the rods are 5mm longer than l28 rods, and new piston pin height is 6mm I believe can't remember exact on pin height I just can wrap my head around how it's supposed to be a "stroker" with stock stroke...

Is the 3mm ground concentric to the journal or offset?  You most likely have a P30 crank with 3mm more stroke from offset grinding.  P30's are a lot easier to come by than the diesel cranks these days.  Run your set up through the OZ dat engine calculator

http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/enginedesign/

And see if you have a stroker or not.

Looks like a 3 liter kit to me.

Edited by ctc

The big end on the rods probably are 3mm smaller than stock.The rod journals were ground off center-the side of the crank throw in the center has had the 3 mm gorund off-Not 1.5 mm all around.Most modern high rpm engines have the wrist pin mounted close close to the ring stack and the pistons are short to reduce weight.Having a smaller rod bearing inside diameter reudces friction.If you build a stroker motor with a diesel crank if the rotating assembly(pistons,rods,crank) is balenced alot of weight has to be removed from the crank counterweights.Its probably cheaper in the end to just offset grind a standard common l28 crank.

Edited by randy 77zt

Im pretty sure that Rebello wouldn't lie about selling their high quality parts.  Regrind or not, they know what they're doing.

Why on earth would anybody classify this as a "lie"? It's ignorance of simple machine practices on the part of the buyer and others not knowing there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Sheesh!

Why on earth would anybody classify this as a "lie"? It's ignorance of simple machine practices on the part of the buyer and others not knowing there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Sheesh!

The way I read the the post with "stroker" was more a tone of I don't believe it is what it is because of the p30 on the crank. I wouldn't question it is what I was implying.

Sheesh! Lol :)

Edited by Perfect240z