HybridZ

Weber DCOE's installed | Initial impressions

T-Bone028

Got the idle around 900. I ordered another return arm and spring from Pierce Manifolds on Tuesday. They were supposed to ship USPS 3 day. Still not here but been tweaking the carbs. The plugs used to look rich. Made a 15 mile run. Look much better now. Maybe lean???

post-8997-0-93129700-1370199510_thumb.jpg

I would say those plugs look pretty good to me, I believe they should be a light gray to tan color when running right.  

And I know its easy for me to tell you how to spend your money, but...invest in a wideband!  $150 to take the guess-work out is worth it to me.  What is your jetting?

I went with the AEM UEGO, but I know another popular option is the Innovate motorosports MTX-L (at least that is what seems to be the most comparable to the AEM UEGO).  I went with the AEM due to the reviews I read regarding inconsistent quality of the Innovate, and AEM being pretty dependable.  I think the main benefit of the Innovate is their data-logging interface and wider range of AFR.  AEM goes from 10 - 20 AFR.  Innovate  goes 7.35 - 22.4 AFR.  I havent been outside of 10.5 - 13.8 AFR's so I dont really see the range issue being applicable.  Both are pretty much the same price on Amazon...$150-ish.

As far as my jetting:

33 main venturi 

4.5 Aux

130 Main

170 Air

55F9 idle

F11 emulsion

45 pump jet, 50 exhaust valve

I'm going to try F16 e-tubes with 135 main and 180 or 185 airs this weekend and bump timing from 13 to 15 degrees advance. As I make changes, I think thats where the W/B pays off.  I also may try larger chokes in the near future.

Let me know how the 36 chokes work out...I posted this graph on the Weber sticky, but essentially the author's findings point to the 34's being a better choice over 36mm chokes for 40 DCOE's...but I guess everyones experience is different and the only way to find out is test!

post-3718-0-96620500-1370305056_thumb.jpg

Steve, If you dont mind I'm going to move our conversation to the Weber sticky (listed under FAQ -> Engine Components -> Fuel Delivery -> "All who live for triples").  My initial impressions of my DCOE install is now over (they are awesome) and tinkering for fun has now begun!

• 1 month later...