HybridZ

Picked up a full set of draglites locally yesterday. Cleaned them up and test fit.

This is the rear with a 1/2" spacer. Clears my Z32 brakes just fine!  Had to clearance the inner fender and control arms though.

Wheels are Weld draglites. 15x8, with 5.5" backspace. Tires are Quick Time Pro 28 x 11.50 x 15

I might also mention that I had my uprights custom made from TTT to center the wheel in the well, or else this would NOT be possible.

post-8653-0-12777200-1374856834_thumb.jpg

post-8653-0-99479900-1374856835_thumb.jpg

Edited by SUNNY Z

LOVE it. Skipped right over 10s, did ya? Now go get 'em dirty!!! We may have to look at some aluminum control arm bushings-I spotted some rubber on the front edge of my left fender with 26s. I have some 15x8 5.5s to use if needed by the AZC brakes. Can't wait to see what your 4th gear rpm is on those going thru the traps. Should be low with na, but may wind out with the spray. Hope it is perfect. Looks like everything is coming together. Starting to feel the pull toward flares....I thought you hated Draglites??

LOVE it. Skipped right over 10s, did ya? Now go get 'em dirty!!! We may have to look at some aluminum control arm bushings-I spotted some rubber on the front edge of my left fender with 26s. I have some 15x8 5.5s to use if needed by the AZC brakes. Can't wait to see what your 4th gear rpm is on those going thru the traps. Should be low with na, but may wind out with the spray. Hope it is perfect. Looks like everything is coming together. Starting to feel the pull toward flares....I thought you hated Draglites??

Well, when its draglites or nothing, I like them.  I'll be honest they've grown on me lately, especially with a fat tire on them. The hoosier 11.50 is actually a DOT tire, so thats the section width, with 10" of tread. Same size as a 28x12.50 ET street, or 28x10.50 ET drag.  

Hoping to get them on today and see how the car acts!

Ahhh. Spring rates? I've been studying my videos at slow speed and I'm spinning more than I thought. You have done such a great job on that car. Send pics of car with skinnies when you can.

200 / 225. But my setup is not the way it should be. To get the car to this height, I have to preload my rear springs 2". The strut tubes arent the correct length, but they're working.  Had to clearance the inner fender and control arms after the fact. 

Using a 3/8" spacer on the front, and a 1/2" spacer on the rears. Front wheels are 15 x 3.5"

post-8653-0-27581100-1374972063_thumb.jpg

post-8653-0-42321700-1374972078_thumb.jpg

post-8653-0-35991500-1374972093_thumb.jpg

Edited by SUNNY Z

Wiping the drool off my chin. Did you use simple spacers or the ones with holes and studs? Source or link? Gonna need spacers myself for brake clearance. So loving that gray over my blue! Camber in back? Sent measurements and a couple of different pinion flanges to DSS; they have received package but we played phone tag this week without success since I was out of town and in meetings. Should get back on road tomorrow with just replacement yoke. Hoping your next trip to the strip is awesome. Looking for a photo with wheels up!

They are just parts store spacers right now. I'm having a friend with a waterjet cut me a set with CAD drawings I sent him. I'm sure we could cut a second set if you're interested.  These will be just an over-the-stud spacer like is on the car. I have plenty of stud to work with.

Definitely-sign me up. I will get with Dave at AZC on Monday; he should have figured out my spacer thickness needs by now. I hate how the center spacers on the Welds gobble up so much stud-thang goodness the lug nuts have that long shank. It would be nice to have some spacers that are lug centric rather than flopping all around. I may need more like 3/4" spacer for the rear. That would give me 4.75" BS.

Not sure how much is needed to clear brakes-should know early this week, but it will take at least some. But mostly it is to get the 5.5 BS wheel centered in the wheel well. I'm on a 4.5 BS wheel now, and I could come inboard a little, but not a whole inch.

Can't wait to see what your 4th gear rpm is on those going thru the traps. Should be low with na, but may wind out with the spray. ...

From the calculator I ran, it says 126 is the max in 3rd for me with a 28" tire. These should grow around 1", so I should be able to do the quarter in third N/A.

At what rpm? I guess I under estimate the effect of the bigger tires, but I have found most of those predicted charts to be pretty accurate. I also wanna see what effect the longer legs have on your n/a 60' times. What 1/4-mile trap speed are you predicting? Is there no 1/8- mile track close by? I've been really surprised that (with as slow a shifter as I am) I'm not losing ground to an auto with similar power/wt ratio. I have had SO much fun racing the white z in my videos, and the camera positioned to shoot across my cockpit to see the car next to me have been really educational. I'd kind of like it if he were a tenth or two faster so it would really become a drivers' race. I think my car is what it is for at least the next year, but I am a BIG fan and jealous.

At what rpm? I guess I under estimate the effect of the bigger tires, but I have found most of those predicted charts to be pretty accurate. I also wanna see what effect the longer legs have on your n/a 60' times. What 1/4-mile trap speed are you predicting? Is there no 1/8- mile track close by? I've been really surprised that (with as slow a shifter as I am) I'm not losing ground to an auto with similar power/wt ratio. I have had SO much fun racing the white z in my videos, and the camera positioned to shoot across my cockpit to see the car next to me have been really educational. I'd kind of like it if he were a tenth or two faster so it would really become a drivers' race. I think my car is what it is for at least the next year, but I am a BIG fan and jealous.

Thats at 7000 (rev limiter).  Yes there is a local 1/8 mile which I will try to get to. I can't imagine my trap speed would increase too much over the 125-126 (NA) that it was last year.  On the squeeze I'm guessing high high 130's.  Time will tell!

Your friend knocked those out quick! Can your friend make 'em in 5/8 and 3/4"? I will be ordering my big brake kit from AZC this week and will need that much spacing to clear them. And I got a lead on a second set of slicks I can put on my 8" wheels for mocking up. Don't pull the trigger yet, but can you see if he can get the stock in those thicknesses?