HybridZ

Question on engine mounting, crank centerline on sbf 302.Help!?!?

I have a 1977 280z im putting my 302/t5 in out of my mustang, im making my own mounts for everything. One big snag i ran into is i dont have the headers yet im waiting on them to get back from coating. Im borrowing a friends engine hoist so i can get it in there and mounted but hes gonna need it back before my headers will probably be done and back to me. My question is what is everybody's crank centerline measurement (balancer bolt) between the frame rails? My rails are 25" apart so if i dead-centered it, my centerline would be 12.5". Due to the steering shaft/header issue im wondering should i offset it to the passenger side an inch or so? If some people could chime in with there centerline measurements id greatly appreciate it.

-THANKS

p.s. ive attached a pic of the car and engine just so you can get an idea of what im working with, ill start a build thread later tonight with much more info and pics once i get this engine/trans mounted .

post-37896-0-35930000-1375101989_thumb.jpg

post-37896-0-02105700-1375102000_thumb.jpg

post-37896-0-47546800-1375102039_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...