HybridZ

Possible Oil Cooler????

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I think I would need an oil cooler for my turbo project, so I saw what I thought was an U-shaped oil cooler on the front of my friend's parts car Prelude. When I took off the cooler it ended up being a Power Steering Cooler. I was wondering what the pros/ cons of still using it? also how do I clean out ALL of the P/S Fluid out of it? It is kinda small dia. but from the oil lines I have (if they are the right lines) to the turbo are also small. I intend to put A confused2.gif cooler before the turbo, so the turbo gets the coldest posible oil. Am I wrong in this theory too?? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Guest Anonymous

Thanks guys!!!! I have a small? oil adapter that goes into the sending unit hole. Is that the adapter you guys were talking about or will that work. It came from a M/T. so I just don't know what to do about this?? :confused: Help?? :confused:

Thanks Mark

Ford 5.0 oil fitler relocation kit works on L series motor. Just add an oil cooler to it. There used to be a guy sell the 5.0 oil filter relocation kit at ebay for cheap. I think I paid about $10 plus shipping. You would need to change the spring in the oil pump for extra oil pressure.

Guest Anonymous

You guys are awesome THANKS. Now here is another question. The stock system seems goes from the oil filter to cooler and back to the filter, and the turbo line come from the oil sender to turbo and back to pan Should I do this or should I use have the oil cooler between the engine and turbo. Again any help will be apprecaited.

Thanks Mark

Guest Azel

I'm about to get the 5.0 oil relocater myself and also adding an oil cooler. I've had great success with B&M oil and ATF coolers so I'm buying one off of Summit Racing, they're like $40 bucks per unit. I'll be making a bracket out of Home Depot materials to mount the cooler at the lower pass/side in front of the intercooler thus exposing it to the largest volume and coolest air possible.