HybridZ

280z turbo stall and die.

Pretty sure you missed my point...

Your point seems pretty clear.

"don't think that you understand the basics of fuel injection, or your not applying the principles to your problem. You should read read the Engine Fuel chapter in the FSM."

That's ok man I still love u :)

My direct point in the later post was that the fuel damper can only restrict flow if there is a problem with it.  But you stated that you had good flow from the injectors in a previous post.  So you were planning to remove something that could only restrict flow even though you don't have a flow restriction.  No beneficial effect. 

In other words, you're wasting your time removing the damper.

And you didn't address my point about what the injectors were doing.  At low RPM you should see the individual squirts.  If you get a full blast when you turn on the pump at starting RPM then you have an electrical problem with the injectors.  Could be as simple as the TPS being stuck on WOT.

My direct point in the later post was that the fuel damper can only restrict flow if there is a problem with it. But you stated that you had good flow from the injectors in a previous post. So you were planning to remove something that could only restrict flow even though you don't have a flow restriction. No beneficial effect.

And you didn't address my point about what the injectors were doing. At low RPM you should see the individual squirts. If you get a full blast when you turn on the pump at starting RPM then you have an electrical problem with the injectors. Could be as simple as the TPS being stuck on WOT.

Well, it sounds like youve never "grasped at straws" that's all the fuel damper thing was, a straw. Sometime getting distracted helps u figure out what the main problem is.

Btw, stock ecu is non-sequential, all injectors fire at once. If you read the manual........

My direct point in the later post was that the fuel damper can only restrict flow if there is a problem with it. But you stated that you had good flow from the injectors in a previous post. So you were planning to remove something that could only restrict flow even though you don't have a flow restriction. No beneficial effect.

And you didn't address my point about what the injectors were doing. At low RPM you should see the individual squirts. If you get a full blast when you turn on the pump at starting RPM then you have an electrical problem with the injectors. Could be as simple as the TPS being stuck on WOT.

Well, it sounds like youve never "grasped at straws" that's all the fuel damper thing was, a straw. Sometime getting distracted helps u figure out what the main problem is.

Btw, stock ecu is non-sequential, all injectors fire at once. If you read the manual........

Wait a tick! Was cleaning up and I picked up stuff from in front of the car and I noticed the afm flapper door was in the up position... Bingo! Put in spare afm and Vrroom!

The afm spring is unhooked or broken, the would explain the sudden death and the injectors acting weird. Ill post a video in the am. Thanks again everybody hopefully this will save some poor slob 3 days of barking up the wrong tree(s).

Edited by sekkyoshi

Yeah I may have missed it earlier in the post, but I would need to see fuel pressure numbers from before/ after fuel filter and rail. Yeah also testing the AFM would be a good place to start. I ditched my eccs, so I honestly can't remember how the warmup enrichment works...if it has a thermo time switch or gathers data from which temp switch but after all of that is confirmed good...fuel pressure, AFM, and the warmup system, (thermotime stuck on my 76 and caused the same type problem flooding) then I would wonder about the eccs itself, although they're pretty tough