HybridZ

1/8 mi drag strip 8.16.13

It's already gone, chick bought it and put a big block in it with two kits. I run around with the Fort Worth guys, he has a newer Mustang he is building. Should be out soon.  The guy from Cali (Kelly 240Z) is one crazy sob. He took that car to Denton for the no prep deal a few yrs ago, lots of smashed cars.

With regard to tire movement under load: video also showed that the tire is still moving forward in the wheel well before the car moves forward. This is in spite of the aluminum LCA bushings that I thought would help. While the tire isn't hitting the fender since I trimmed the fender, there is no way that I could ever go up to 27" or 28" tires, which is my hope if I nitrous next year. But, there was significant improvement in vehicle stability at the fast end of the track. It could be from the Hoosiers, but I don't think so, because I ran those down to 11psi and it still ran straighter. So it wasn't for nothing, although I now remember why I removed the aluminum bushings: they make your fillings fall out when you hit the smallest joint in the pavement.

^^^  I know a guy who came to a big money grudge race with a 240Z, 421 sbc 104mm single making 1400 plus rwhp, he used exhaust tubing and  an exhaust pipe bender to make a cage just to race, he covered it up with foam so tech wouldn't catch it.

That must be one of the dumbest tech crews on the planet. That car is hideous btw. at least put a flare on it!

It just DEPENDS. Noone has ever checked the dates on my belts, or the SNELL rating on my helmet. Noone has ever checked the footplate dimensions of my rollbar, but they do check to see that I have one. But seriously, you guys are suggesting as much work to fake it as it will take just to put the darn cage in. I think SUNNYZ and I have big winter plans, specifically getting the cars to a point where we don't get kicked out no matter where we go. That's my plan anyway.

Josey, with your sense of humor I'm afraid of what you might be suggesting-you spend money like water! We need a z-car drag racers forum. I have millions of questions but they are spread all over the forums from tires to suspension to drivetrain to safety, but it all has a drag emphasis. It all gets mixed in with the road race and ratsun stuff. We could talk about tree, launch, hook-all that stuff.

Edited by RebekahsZ

Just got estimate for chrome moly 6-pt bar with extensions to support the diff.  ($1100).  Looks like a competent drag race chassis shop in Lexington, AL.  Hope to have that off the winter list by the end of November.  Says it should be certifiable to 9.99.  Chassis builder says he knows a guy who can certify a car in Nashville, TN (2 hours away).