HybridZ

Retrofitting an S130 Combination switch into an S30.

You and me both, brother... Flushed a pithy John Muir referenced post of mine as well.

I'd look to swap components like contacts or say switch assemblies...unless you don't have any switch at all for your S30.

The S30 contacts respond well to cleaning and overhaul, and last forever if you convert to Dave Irwin's Relay Kits!

You and me both, brother... Flushed a pithy John Muir referenced post of mine as well.

I'd look to swap components like contacts or say switch assemblies...unless you don't have any switch at all for your S30.

The S30 contacts respond well to cleaning and overhaul, and last forever if you convert to Dave Irwin's Relay Kits!

Yeah I have a switch but i lost my sprung loaded nub thingamajiggers. I lost one of them and my spare light switch did not have spare parts needed. Relays sound like a great idea to lessen the back emf on the switch contacts. Ill definitely look into doing that. Yeah the updated switch looks like a better engineered setup, I will use a relay setup on it, thanks for the idea!!

Another one with missing nub-ins and springs.  Pharaohabq has a thread about

3D printing bits we need for these old cars, http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/113544-240z-horn-button-refab/

If that does not work, I may need to study up on plastic casting, there is clearly demand.

Not sure where to find the itty-bitty springs, maybe a hobby shop that has a R/C focus.

Well So far as swapping the two, You should look at the steering column, How compatible is the whole thing with the S30. If not, is the hardware compatible with the existing S30 column.  I'm just asking because it might be easier to swap the whole column over rather than making the S130 stuff fit on the S30 column.  That's what I'm doing with the Z34 column. I'm just going to swap of the whole deal. This way, not only do I get all the Z34 components I want, but I also get the tilt steering as well.  On the engine compartment side I have a little adapting to do with the shaft, but that should be pretty easy.  It's the wiring that gets a little crazy. It's easiest to get some generic connectors and setup your own plugs to adapt one to the other.

Oh, and Yes I can print smaller plastic parts, if you know know what you're looking for, So a simple adapter may not be a big deal.  I haven't tried fixing the contacts in an existing S30 combo switch yet, I just need to find one to take apart.

Edited by Pharaohabq