HybridZ

universal sender unit

Im in the same boat too. its annoying to not know when youre about to run out or always tracking your mileage. Im at the point where I just wanna tear it all apart and install a fuel cell and swap out the sender, pump and gauge while Im at it. something is wrong with my resistance. My 1/2 mark is actually a 1/4 and roughly around 1/4 is empty. so it gets tricky, I almost cut out on the freeway yesterday. thinking of doing the cell conversion but don't want the car down for so long.

you cant fix the wires? like solder them or rewire the whole thing with same gauge wiring? that was also an option with me, but I plan on going fuel injected in the distant future anyways

Edited by mjd240z

cars already injected..wire broke inside the permanent connector. the only thing with mine is i dont no if emissions will reject it for not telling gas usage

I don't think the inspector is going to check your fuel gauge or cares how much fuel you have . Most of GM cars have problem with fuel senders , my inspector and many others have never checked them . Unless it sets a " CEL " , on a newer model car .

I have an Autometer universal sending unit but its in a fabricated fuel cell... The one I have has a 5 bolt flange instead of the lock ring. I did notice that the Dat sender in my factory tank looked pretty much the same size as the one in my old Chevy, I bet you could find a cheap domestic sender that could be made to work. Check the ohms to make sure it matches the Dat gauge and modify the sender as needed. When I had my factory tank for sale on CL a couple guys called about the sender alone. I know you would be a hero to some if you figured out a cheap sender option.