HybridZ

870 Motorsports - Any reviews?

noelawinslow

I'm in the local area with a guy who has a BUNCH of z32s he builds up for customers across the country. Guy goes by the name of Pete, works in Mountain Home, Arkansas. I'm all for meeting someone who has more experience than me, but I'm not sure of the quality of this guy's work. I figured since he builds up z32s someone on here must have dealt with him in the past. Has anyone on here had business dealings with him? What was the end result? Any comments on his trustworthiness or the quality of his workmanship? 

I just have this nagging feeling in my gut about this place.

I am sorry you have a Nagging feeling about our shop Andrew. I am more known on 300zxclub.com as i am the orginal Owner and creator of it, I am also on Supraforums.com if you need other forum reviews. I have built cars for speedforsale.com and other companies i would gladly give you their information for reviews. I can also give you list of my past clients from around the country that i have built Z's for if you need further reviews.

Again let me know why you have a "nagging" feeling about the shop.

Edited by lifeisboost

Asking a shop for references is a normal course of business.

If they have references they readily give you, that's generally a good sign.

The places to get feelings about are places nobody talks about, and where they talk big to you but can't give you a previous client list.

In LA, some shops won't give out celebrity contact information... But when you see Jay Leno in the back of the shop with dirty hands you get an impression that likely Jay got his name from somewhere reputable! :D

I don't know how to relate that to the middle of the country. I guess if you see the cast of "Duck Dynasty" in there picking up their cars...chances are pretty good they do extremely high line work.

:P

The way I gauged VW Shops is I'd take the Bus there for a valve adjustment. If they didn't want me to leave it overnight... I found a reason to move on...

In orbits, from my apartment in LaHabra I ended up with a place next to the In-n-Out Burger at Palm...

They moved to Oregon...so I went back to doing it all myself!