HybridZ

240Z Metering block?

Does anyone here know if the pre-73 240Z came with a metering block for the rear drums? I have several references stating that there is at the T union in the back, but nothing really solid that Id trust.

Im referring to a device that restricts volume to the wheel cylinders. Im not sure it would have been warranted for this kind of brake system, or at least with that kind of execution.

21379d1200879706-proportioning-valve-loc

Item #1... is it really a metering block(pressure regulating valve)?

Edited by rayaapp2

It could be called that. I know what it does, but its got at least 3 internet names... LOL

Can I assume its just a metered orifice?

Im tempted to gut that sucka out for my disc brakes. My hand brake works better than my pedal so I know I got a restriction in volume to the rear. I did some digging here for information on it. Miles, you've commented on a lot of the posts I dug through. My 260Z doesnt have that device as executed on the 240Z. I think it was incorporated up front on the bulkhead, which I also deleted for rear disc brakes and a self proportioning MC(same as used in the 300zx).

I wanted to be sure that was indeed what I thought it was before I started disturbing my brake system back there to make more headaches for myself. If its a simple orifice restriction gutting it out shouldnt be to hard? Purchasing a metric union around here is a lot harder in double bubble flare. I have 45 min of driving twice and several days to wait for the order to come in, and if I drill it out I can at least play with orifice sizes, but I suspect from what I read that I need it wide open no "proportioning" for these calipers.

Edited by rayaapp2